Friday, October 26, 2018

Extreme Activities Rio Style

Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Ok, so maybe I didn't do any of them, but Brian, Jason, and most of all, Brenda did, and I got to watch. Yesterday we started out with what everyone thought was a standard zip line canopy tour. Turns out, the zip line was the least of it. Mostly it was a very challenging aerial obstacle course. Jason inadvertently missed some of the obstacles, but Brenda sailed through them. Brian did fine until the last one. At that point he was so physically exhausted that the guide had to come out and help him. I'm really proud of all of them, because I could tell from how sweaty they all were, how much effort that they had put into it.
 After everyone caught their breath, we went on a tour of the Tijuca Rain Forest -- very beautiful! At that point we bade farewell to our driver and adjourned to the Cachaca Academy for drinks and food. Cachaca is a liquor derived from the sugar cane, and is the basis of all the Caipirinhas that we have been enjoying. 

The extreme activities continued today when we took Brenda hang gliding. This was our "thank you" to her for all the translating and guide services that she has been giving us. We thought for a long time that the clouds would not break up enough for her to take off, but eventually, those of us waiting on the beach looked up to the mountain to see the beautiful sight of the multiple wings soaring through the sky.

We will be finishing today with an evening at a Samba Club. And no, I will not be doing any of the Sambaing!

No comments:

Post a Comment