Friday, October 26, 2018

The Importance of Paying Attention

Monday, September 2010

Today we went from Garmisch to Zurich by way of Liechtenstein. We thought it would be a great idea to get a pit stop and lunch in Vaduz, Liechtenstein. We located a likely looking Gasthaus (after missing the McDonalds) and to our great delight they spoke English, had the requisite facilities and were serving lunch. Not being terribly hungry, we each ordered a mixed salad (for 6 francs each), two cokes, and an order of fries. Imagine our shock when the bill arrived and it was over 50 dollars. Seems that they brought us a different kind of salad which must have been due to someone not paying attention when we ordered. Then I happily pulled up the address for the hotel (I thought) in the GPS and off we set for Zurich. Unfortunately I had pulled up the wrong address and we wandered ALL over the whole city before we got to someone`s house and realized what I had done. We finally got to the right spot, but what a beating. We had to park the car quite a long way away, then we found out that the tram to get back to the hotel required coins, which of course we didn't have. A kind lady in a dress shop helped us out and now we are in the hotel. They are charging us a fortune to use the computer (even the coffee in the lobby isn't free), so I will sign off before we go broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment